What happens when you are living without all of the top 8 food allergens and corn too?
You spend hours upon hours researching how to make a single meal and in the process learn a handful of helpful secrets so the recipe you end up with tastes better than anything you ever ate before you had food allergies to deal with.
At least that’s what happened when I developed this corn-free beef stew recipe without using any soup stock or bullion. Even after our family was back on corn, we continued to use this recipe because it’s simply the best.
Best Ever Beef Stew (top 8 free, corn free, gluten free)
- 6 cups water
- 3 T. homemade seasoned salt
- 2 T. dehydrated onions
- 1 t. poultry seasoning
- 1 t. basil
- 1 t. paprika
- 1/2 t. oregano
- 1/2 t. crushed rosemary
- 1/8 t. garlic powder
- 1/4 t. pepper
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 6 medium potatoes (peeled and cubed)
- 4 cups chopped carrots
- 3 cups chopped celery
- 1 1/2 lbs. stewing beef, cut into bite-sized chunks
- In large crockpot, combine 6 cups water, rice flour and seasonings.
- Set to high heat.
- Add to crockpot mixture.
- Add potatoes, carrots and celery to crockpot.
- Meanwhile, sear stewing beef in a hot skillet with a pinch of seasoned salt
- Add beef to crockpot.
- Leave on high for 1 hour, then reduce to low.
- Cook on low for 6 to 7 hours.
- Add additional salt and pepper to taste, if needed.
200 calories, 5g fat, 2g saturated fat, 27mg cholesterol, 1123mg sodium, 28g carbohydrates, 3g dietary fiber, 3g sugars, 10g protein
Note: If you aren't corn-free, you can use 2 to 4 T. corn starch mixed with equal parts cold water to thicken the stew instead of rice flour. Potato starch is also an acceptable substitute, but will need to be added toward the end of cooking (about an hour before serving).
Copyright Â© 2014 Allergy Cookie. All Rights Reserved