This healthy and delicious side dish is easy to make and can even become the focal point of your meal. Simply serve it along side grilled chicken or steak or for a truly vegan meal, serve these vegetables over noodles or rice, and maybe some black beans!
Citrus Steamed Vegetables (top 8 free, gluten free, vegan)
- 2 1/2 cups chopped carrots
- 4 cups chopped broccoli
- 1 cup sliced yellow squash
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 5 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Be sure all vegetables are chopped before you begin.
- Begin steaming carrots, and set a timer for 2 minutes.
- After the first 2 minutes of steaming, add broccoli to carrots and set timer for another 2 minutes.
- After the second 2-minute timer completes, add squash and continue steaming another 2 to 3 minutes.
- In separate bowl, mix garlic, parsley, orange peel, and lemon peel.
- Toss into vegetables using olive oil.
- Serve warm.
54 calories, 1.5g fat, 0g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 60mg sodium, 10g carbohydrates, 3g dietary fiber, 4g sugars, 3g protein
Copyright Â© 2014 Allergy Cookie. All Rights Reserved