Just like the real thing (maybe even a little better), these creamy eggs melt in your mouth and leave you wanting to go back for more.
Copycat Cadbury Creme Eggs (gluten free, vegan, top 8 free)
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 2 Tablespoons Soy Free Earth Balance
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- yellow food coloring
- 1/2 bag Enjoy Life Mini Chips
- Cream together corn syrup, Earth Balance, and vanilla.
- Gradually add powdered sugar until well blended.
- Remove a small portion of creme and add yellow food coloring.
- Place creme in freezer for approximately 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt chocolate in microwave 30-60 seconds at a time, stirring between microwave sessions, just until fully melted.
- Spread chocolate into chocolate egg molds.
- Place chocolate egg molds in freezer for 15 minutes.
- Remove yellow cream from freezer and quickly shape into small balls (if creme is still too difficult to work with, chill in freezer a little longer, but DO NOT freeze).
- Return to freezer.
- Once chocolate is set, spoon white cream into egg halves, then add one yellow cream ball to the center of each whole egg.
- Using remaining melted chocolate, seal egg halves together.
- Return to freezer for another 15 minutes to set.
- Remove eggs from molds and enjoy!
Copyright Â© 2014 Allergy Cookie. All Rights Reserved
Don’t forget to use Easter-themed cellophane wrapping to keep them fresh and safe in those Easter baskets!
Check out our other Easter recipes and explore our site for more fun ideas for kids, then subscribe to our site and join our social network so you don’t miss anything new!