This pie is so sweet, just a small portion satisfies your cravings meaning less will end up on your hips!
- Gluten Free Vegan Pie Crust
- 3 apples (at least 2 varieties)
For the cinnamon mixture (mix together and set aside):
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1 t. cinnamon
- 1/4 t. nutmeg
For the Topping (wait to make until just before baking):
- 1/2 cup Allergy Cookie Baking Flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup (diced & chilled) Soy Free Earth Balance
- Prepare crust* and set aside.
- Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Peel and slice apples into 1/8” wedges.
- Toss apples with cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Pour apples into crust.
- Make topping by mixing dry ingredients together, then quickly cutting in Earth Balance with a chilled pastry blender and immediately sprinkle over apples and cinnamon mixture.
- Bake at 450 for 25 to 30 minutes.
*Remember to cover edges of crust with foil until the last 5 to 10 minutes of baking
Copyright Â© 2014 Allergy Cookie. All Rights Reserved