If you think you don’t like frozen peas and carrots, you must have never tried them simmered in a crockpot for a day. This recipe is another of our family favorites. The kids can help us throw it together in the morning and when it’s dinnertime, we just eat! No last minute prep or extra cleanup required! The best part is that this dish is hearty, satisfying and so delicious it is often requested before I get the chance to rotate it into the menu.
Easy Layered Crockpot Casserole (gluten free, dairy free, top 8 free)
- 1 lb. 85% lean ground beef (browned & drained)
- 1 1/2 cups cream of chicken soup
- 4 small red potatoes
- 1 (16 oz) bag frozen corn
- 1 (16 oz) bag frozen peas & carrots
- 2 T. Daiya cheese shreds (optional)
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- garlic powder, paprika, salt & pepper to taste
- Brown and drain ground beef and onion.
- Set aside.
- Slice potatoes into 1/8 inch rounds.
- Sprinkle garlic powder, paprika,salt, and pepper over potatoes.
- Cover with 1/3 bag frozen peas and carrots.
- Cover with 1/3 bag frozen corn.
- Repeat steps 3 through 6.
- Repeat steps 3 through 6 again.
- Cover with ground beef.
- Cover with cream of chicken soup.
- Sprinkle with Daiya cheese shreds if desired.
- Cook on high 1 to 2 hours.
- Turn to low and cook another 3 to 4 hours.
- Stir before serving.
336 calories, 11g fat, 4g saturated fat, 42mg cholesterol, 266mg sodium, 46g carbohydrates, 5g dietary fiber, 6g sugars, 16g protein
Copyright Â© 2014 Allergy Cookie. All Rights Reserved
Feel free to explore our other recipes, then subscribe to our site and join our social network so you don’t miss anything new!