My husband loves the moist, dense goodness of Magleby’s (a local restaurant here in Utah) 4-layer chocolate cake. I’ve tried off and on to make copycats and I even came up with a recipe of my own that was an acceptable mimic.
But when I finally made this gluten-free chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream frosting for my food-allergic son’s birthday, there was no going back. My husband asks me to make this cake whenever he can find a justifiable reason for it.
It’s that good!
Moist, Dense, Decadent Chocolate Cake (top 8 free, gluten free, vegan)
- 1 3/4 cup Gluten Free Baking Flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup cocoa
- 2 T. baking powder
- 2 1/2 t. baking soda
- 1 t. salt
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 t. vanilla
- 1 cup dairy free milk of choice
- 1 cup boiling water
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix dry ingredients.
- In separate bowl, mix all wet ingredients except water.
- Combine wet and dry ingredient mixtures on medium-low speed until well combined (about 2 minutes).
- Turn mixer to low and add boiling water.
- Mix just until fully combined.
- Let rest 10 minutes.
- Pour into greased cake pan.
- Bake at 350 for 30 to 35 minutes (20 to 25 for cupcakes).
- Let rest in pan 2 minutes before turning on to cooling rack.
- Let cool completely before frosting.
256 calories, 11g fat, 1g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 400mg sodium, 45g carbohydrates, 1g dietary fiber, 34g sugars, 2g protein
Copyright Â© 2014 Allergy Cookie. All Rights Reserved