What we love about this recipe is that it puts a fun twist on taco night that everyone in the family enjoys! It’s great for a fun Friday night meal or on those nights when you need a quick dinner idea that you can throw together in less than 30 minutes with almost no cleanup. This meal is in the regular rotation at our house and nobody ever seems to get sick of it.
Quick and Easy Chicken Ole (gluten free, dairy free, top 8 free)
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts (cubed)
- 1 (15 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 (16 oz) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (4 oz) can chopped green chilies
- 1 t. chili powder
- 1 t. onion powder
- dash of cumin
- 6 oz. corn tortilla chips
- In a large skillet, brown chicken over medium-high heat.
- Add chiles and corn.
- Saute 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce, chili powder, onion powder, and cumin.
- Simmer 5 to 10 minutes.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
299 calories, 9.5g fat, 1g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 1016mg sodium, 37g carbohydrates, 7g dietary fiber, 12g sugars, 22g protein
For a lower calorie/sodium/fat version, use a spoon instead of chips to eat your meal (without the chips: 161 calories, 3g fat, 897mg sodium)
Copyright Â© 2014 Allergy Cookie. All Rights Reserved
Check out our other recipes, then subscribe to our blog and join our social network so you don’t miss anything new!