This chicken recipe reminds me of my KFC days as a kid. So tasty and a little more healthy too because this is a baked chicken recipe rather than fried!
Faux Fried Chicken (top 8 free, gluten free)
- 8 (3 oz) chicken breasts
- 4 cups gluten free brown rice Rice Krispies cereal
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/2 t. pepper
- 1 t. onion powder
- 1 1/2 t. homemade seasoned salt
- 1 T. oil + 2 T. water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In ziploc bag, combined cereal and seasonings.
- Mash cereal into fine crumbs.
- Roll chicken breasts in oil and water mixture, then roll in cereal mixture.
- Place on baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 40 to 45 minutes or until chicken is cooked through the center, but still moist.
165 calories, 3g fat, <1g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 553mg sodium, 13g carbohydrates, <1g dietary fiber, 0.5g sugars, 21g protein
Copyright Â© 2014 Allergy Cookie. All Rights Reserved