I had an absolutely wonderful time putting together this fun cake for my truck-loving two year old, who has severe food allergies. His older brother insisted I make an allergy free cake that everyone in the family could enjoy so I went to work looking for recipes and ideas.
As it turns out, this cake was quicker and easier to put together than any of the specialty birthday cakes I used to make before I had to worry about food allergies, and the entire family loved it, too!
Here are the recipes and products I used to put it all together:
- Moist, Dense, Decadent Chocolate Cake
- Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
- Better Than Reese’s Sunbutter Cups
- Enjoy Life Mega Chocolate Chunks
- Enjoy Life Soft Baked Double Chocolate Cookies
- Toy Dump Truck
Here’s how to make it:
- Bake the cake in two 8-inch round cake pans and let cool completely before frosting.
- If the sunbutter cups are still in the freezer, remove them so they can begin warming to room temperature.
- Layer cake, frosting in between layers.
- Frost remainder of cake.
- Crumble cookies and place on top of cake.
- Place dump truck on top of cake.
- Cut room-temperature sunbutter cups into chunks and place in back of dump truck and cascading down side of cake.
- Crumble additional cookies and place randomly over sunbutter cups.
- Add a few Mega Chunks chocolate pieces.
Be sure to take lots of pictures with your birthday boy before he bulldozes that cake!