The nog syrup is what makes these pancakes pop, but beware of leftover pancakes… You might find little hands sneaking one or two to satisfy that afternoon cookie craving!
Have a little fun and let the kiddies make jackolantern faces with safe chocolate chips!
Pumpkin Pancakes with Nog Syrup (gluten free, vegan, top 8 free*)
*This recipe contains coconut
- 2 1/2 cups of your favorite gluten free pancake mix (plus an additional 1/4 cup)
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 t. pumpkin pie spice
- So Delicious Pumpkin Spice Coconut Milk
For the Syrup
- 1/2 cup Soy Free Earth Balance
- 3/4 cup So Delicious Coconut Nog
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1 t. baking soda
- 2 T. corn starch + 2 T. cold water
- Prepare pancakes as directed, making any substitutions as you would normally for the 2 1/2 cups mix.
- In place of the liquid, use Pumpkin Spice Coconut Milk.
- Add canned pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, and additional 1/4 cup pancake mix.
- Blend well and cook as directed.
To prepare the syrup:
- Combine sugar, nog, & Earth Balance in a saucepan and melt.
- Mix cornstarch with water, then add to syrup mixture while stirring rapidly.
- Bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in remaining ingredients.
- Syrup will thicken as it cools.
185 calories, 6g fat, 2g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 145mg sodium, 32g carbohydrates, 1g dietary fiber, 17g sugars, 1g protein
Copyright Â© 2014 Allergy Cookie. All Rights Reserved
Like this recipe? Stick around and browse more of our top 8 free recipes, then subscribe to our site and join our social network so you don’t miss anything new!
New to food allergies? Get started here.